Attorney Tonya N. Gibbs
Awards and Education
Attorney Gibbs was named one of the 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in Virginia by the American Institute of Family Attorneys in 2016. She was recognized by her graduating law school class with an Unsung Hero Award for overcoming difficulties and obstacles in law school. Ms. Gibbs was first licensed to practice law in December 2009. She is currently licensed to practice law in Virginia, New Jersey, and Florida. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Leadership from Pennsylvania State University and a Juris Doctor from the University of the District of Columbia, David A. Clarke School of Law.
- Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce (Formerly an Ambassador for the Chamber)
- Louisa Chamber of Commerce
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association (Fredericksburg Chapter)
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
- Northern Virginia Black Chamber of Commerce (2016)
- 2015 – Business Start Up Boot Camp, University of Mary Washington Small Business Development Center
- Legal Structure and Ownership Agreements
- 2014 & 2015 – MARCORSYSCOM Small Business Training and Capability Briefing, Lunch & Learn
- “Understanding Non–Disclosure Agreements and Teaming Agreements.”
- Maranatha Contracting, Executive Business Series
- “Protecting Your Interest with Non–Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements and Other Business Contracts.”
Integrity & Dedication
Ms. Gibbs’ desire to become an attorney, came early on, when she was 11 years old and was not ultimately realized without an array of difficult challenges. Being a witness and over-comer of many injustices, she believes that knowledge is power and desires to be a voice for the voiceless. Unfortunately, when there is a knowledge gap, those that lack integrity, tend to utilize that gap to their own advantage and to the disadvantage of others. Ms. Gibbs’ passion is to fight for those on the other-side of the knowledge gap, whether via legal help or education. If you desire someone that is up-front, honest, that will give it to you straight, then you are looking in the right place.
- Obtained successfully third party visitation and joint legal custody for client, whom was not a parent, but a blood relative.
- Obtained successfully decrease of non-custodial parent’s child support.
- Obtained successfully third party physical custody and joint legal custody for client.
DEBT SETTLEMENT NEGOTIATIONS
- Negotiated successfully I.R.S. tax settlement of tax debt of over $15,000.00 to less than $5,000.00.
- Negotiated successfully a debt settlement of $24,000.00 to less than $6,000.00.
- Negotiated successfully a debt settlement of over $18,000.00 to less than $10,000.00.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of civil suit against business owner as result of poorly drafted contracts, for over $100,000.00.
- Non-Disclosure Agreement review for small business government contract for submission of one of largest Defense Contractors; made edits, changes and suggestions, contract was reviewed and approved for signature by Defense Contractor Legal Team without additional revisions, questions, or changes to content.
If you are looking for an Attorney that works extremely hard for you and will leave no Stone unturned, you have made the Right Choice with Tonya Gibbs. In the Court Room we had all the Confidence in the World the case would turn out in our favor, and it did. We feel confident that she could handle any situation that we would need an Attorney for.
She Handle Your Case with Thoroughness and Competency – I have found Ms. Tonya Gibbs very knowledgeable, competent, hardworking, and honest. She readily keeps you abreast of the status of your case. She has handle several cases in the last two years for me, and I have been completely satisfied with the outcome of them. If another legal matter comes up, I will contact her office again.